Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Of Creating and Such

Though I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy making things...

Knitting in chunky wool with 10mm needles is so fast! I love it!

This is the pattern from Vogue Knitting last year or the year before that's been in my to-do list for ages. My scarf is a bit narrower than the picture (25cm instead of 45cm) and mine is a little shorter and less overwhelming mass of scarf!

The pattern wasn't too hard despite saying 'Advanced'! (I usually never look at that sort of thing as an obstacle!)

A crocheted & knitted gold bow - so cute!

Finally strung my hand-felted scrap wool beads together and they look great!

Green glass & black wool beads on plaited crochet/lace thread strings.

Brass & wood beads on plaited crochet/lace thread strings.
Necklaces are inspired by this post by Wiksten. She has a tutorial on how to make them here. Easy and fun! I haven't plaited thread together since primary school, and it was so much fun I might make some more!

More recycling: a folded polyester fabric necklace.

Detail of the folds & fabric. I'm putting my new pinking shears to good use!

Progress update on the knitted jacket: 10cm left to go on the back section.

No comments:

Post a Comment