Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Liberty

Little Thing Magazine inspired me this month. Its a Chinese magazine and you can download it from i-tunes for 0.99c! Worth it if I could read Chinese, but I can't! Its fashion is quirky and just a little bit silly. Big bows are a new love of mine.

Liberty of London in So-En Magazine (Feb 2010)

Feb 2010 was an issue focusing on Textiles and its full of inspiration. Japanese, European and lots of pages of interesting colours, textures and designs.

Emelia's Flowers

I also brought a Japanese Liberty Print's Magazine came with a little Liberty Print bag which is my new favourite weekend bag. Mostly I brought the magazine for the bag, but the magazine isn't bad either!

I never used to like patterned fabrics, I always preferred plain solid colours, but recently I've been in love with florals and geometric patterns. I've even been trying to print my own fabrics (more on that another time!). Though I've long been inspired by William Morris who considered the design of textiles worthy of a serious designer's attention and Marimekko and Ikea fabrics, I never thought to design or wear them myself!

1 comment:

  1. William Morris' floral patterns are reminiscent of batik...or the other way round...ha! But yes, I love his wallpaper and textile designs!

    ReplyDelete