Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dyed Silks

These are the before (pictures 2-4) and after pictures (5-8) of the naturally dyed silk sample pieces that I made. The happiest results are probably the purples of the blueberry and the mottled yellow of the spanish onion. I got the pattern from the blueberries by arranging them in rows and tying the bundle tightly (first picture). The spanish onion skin was placed on the silk and folded up small and left to process in the sun for a few days in a zip lock bag before I peeled away the onion. The green and other silks did not produce much colour change in their dye baths.

No comments:

Post a Comment