Monday, February 7, 2011

Books!

I've got some new books in recent months so I thought I'd share them with you.

The Black Apple's Paper Doll Primer by Emily Winfield Martin:
I brought this book for myself for my Christmas present. Its lovely. There is a few customisable paper people in the back where you can paper doll yourself. This I want to try. I think I'll have to make myself wearing a grey cardigan and red shoes with bows on them. Then I'm going to make a paper doll of the Mr and possibly the pet rabbit I want to have but don't. Then maybe I'll keep going and make a small village with a grocery store and a pet shop...




Jane Austen's Sewing Box: Craft Projects & Stories from Jane Austen's Novels by Jennifer Forest:
I got this book for myself for Christmas too. It has interesting history, contemporary illustrations and projects from the novels. Like who knew what a 'huswife' was? Now you can make one... I was very inspired by the little handbags.




Handmade Living: A Fresh Take on Scandinavian Style by Lotta Jansdotter:
This is for inspiration for my own apartment when I finally get to live in it. The Mr. and I are very particular, having several degrees in architecture between us but can agree that this is a very nice table. The Swedish meatballs in this book are also highly recommended to carnivorous friends.





Eat Love: Food Concepts by Eating Designer Marije Vogelzang
This is for school but its a fun book to look at. You will never see eating quite the same way again. You can check out her website which has lots of interesting stuff and a link to a talk she gave on her philosophy. Its good stuff.



Creative Paper Cutting: Basic Techniques & Fresh Designs for Stencils, Mobiles, Cards & More edited by Shufunotomo:
And this book which was also a Merry Christmas to me present. It has really lovely photographs of the paper cuts. I haven't made any yet, but the deer are very inspiring.



The Artful Bird: Feathered Friends to Make + Sew by Abigail Patner Glassenberg:
I also brought this book for my happiness present (the present you buy for yourself cause it makes you happy). Its nice. I think I need to make the wren or the lark with its nice tail. I think a peacock would be great or maybe an elegant grey dove. The penguin was love at first sight.




The Art of The Table: A Complete Guide to Table Setting, Table Manners, and Tableware by Suzanne von Drachenfels.
They weren't joking when they called this a complete guide. I never knew there were so many different types of forks! This one is for school too (i'll tell you what for later on!)...



No comments:

Post a Comment