Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birdies



Two Asian Glossy Starlings (they have red eyes!) eating the fruits of the Fishtail Palm (Caryota rumphiana)


I think this is the female Pink-Necked Green Pigeon (the girls apparently don't get the pink necks). This one had a distinctive yellow green underside and blueish back feathers. She knew I was looking at her too!


Noisy unknown bird that's been waking me up all this week! Has a very distinct and very loud call. Two of them were dancing for each other this morning, lots of tail flipping was going on. A couple of Asian Glossy Starlings also came to take a look at the dance. This mystery bird though, is very shy, and always dissapears whenever I have my camera out. I only get one chance per bird sighting to take a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment