Monday, May 11, 2009

Comic Relief





My national newspaper stopped running Bizarro quite some time ago, which is pity. But I have discovered I can read it online. Cartoons are wonderful encapsulations of daily life. Everything that is going on in the world turns up in the comics. My favourite comics like Bizarro, Big Top (which concluded 2 years ago) and Get Fuzzy (still in my daily paper) even manage to include a little philosophical enquiry now and then. Bizarro is great because it is so clever, so political and sometimes just nicely silly. Big Top has the sarcasm that makes me smile. Get Fuzzy has the best characters and the most philosophical of questions coming from the very unlikely philosopher Satchel Pooch.

These are some of my favourites.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, comics are great! They eased me into reading newspapers when I was a kid. I used to get to them first before reading everything else.

    I liked Soliloquay and Calvin and Hobbes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think comics are awesome, better than the news...

    ReplyDelete