Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend Sewing


I did say that I was not going to do any clothes shopping this year. I pledged for myself a year of no-shopping. So far I've not kept my pledge! It started with a really cheap grey wool flannel dress (too cheap to resist!) and has lately ended up in a soft grey jersey dress, 1 grey shirt and two grey t-shirts. (Yes, you saw correctly, those were all grey items!). Other than that I've been good, I promise. To supplement the shopping urge I've been trying to make instead. I've had my eye on this dress by Heather Ross from 'Weekend Sewing'. I've drafted out the pattern and am now just thinking about fabric. I think grey is good. I keep adding more grey things to my wardrobe. I'm not sure why, but I have the urge to surround myself with grey things. I guess grey is soothing for me or something. But grey would be nice for this dress don't you think? A soft grey in a shiny fabric and a contrasting patterned and coloured belt. Maybe I could make a few belts to interchange. My faithful old black wrap dress is falling apart, so I think this would be a good replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment