Thursday, May 7, 2009

Philosophy Podcasts

I've been listening to philosophy podcasts as well as design podcasts for a few years now. This one by Nigel Wharburton is quite good and his explanations are clear and concise. He examines the original texts and summaries them too. I've listened to only Aristotle so far, but will eventually go through the others. I also like ABC Radio Nationals Philosopher's Zone, where they interview academics and authors about philosophy and questions of the day.

Its good stuff for the brain in an age where we always just sit in front of the TV and receive easily digestible information. I'm privileged to teach philosophy and debate philosophical questions for a living but I need the reminder too, to fully engage with the world around me instead of being a passive observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment