Monday, June 20, 2011

A well-trimmed hat is a summer necessity


Just a little note to say I'm still here.

I'm busy working on my project for school, though it doesn't feel like working because it involves all my favourite things: history, crochet, felting, weaving, telling stories and dressing up.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon trimming my hat with blue, red and white striped ribbon. I've never trimmed a hat before, but I've always enjoyed hats, so I must have absorbed a bit of hat-trimming skills subconsciously. I think it turned out great and I love my bow!


The ribbon is held on by some tacking stitches so if I change my mind I can easily snip the stitches and remove the ribbon. The difficulty of placing a ribbon around a tapered curve (ie: a conical form) is evidenced by the slight puckering of the ribbon. I'm not sure of a way around that...

No comments:

Post a Comment